1. Once you have created the ad you would like to run or have an electroinc copy like on Ad Navigator or Milgards on-line ad builder, call your newspaper and ask them to send a representative to pick up your ad. There should not be an additional charge for this service.
2. Review the ad with your newspaper representative, Remember, ad slicks have not been personalized to your store. Make sure you tell the newspaper representative to include your name, address and phone number in every ad you run. You should also list your store hours.
Do not write this information on the ad itself Print it on a separate sheet of paper and give it to your representative along with the ad slick or CD-ROM. (Once you have advertised with the paper a few times, they should have this information on file).
3. Either you or your newspaper representative can proof the ad to make sure all of the information is correct before the ad runs in the paper. Ask your newspaper representative about the options.
4. Show your ad proof to all of your employees before the ad runs.
5. Read your ad as soon as it comes out. If there is an error in your ad, contact your representative immediately. Depending upon the error, you could receive a credit or the paper might rerun the corrected ad for free.
6. Post tally sheets at every phone and at every register so your employees can keep track of how many people responded to your ad.
7. Post copies of the ad in your dealership. You should save them up until the offer expires or until you run another ad.
Copyright 2000. All material contained in this site is copyrighted and the property of Milgard Windows. Any use of this material without the written consent of Milgard Windows is a violation of copyright laws.