One of the most cost-effective and direct ways to market to your builder customers is through seminars and clinics. The typical event can be planned and executed in a little over a month for a minimum cost.
Seminars and clinics can take several shapes:
- Product seminars for a number of builder customers at once.
- Single builder focus, with all players --including framers, PA's, even owners at showroom for event.
- "Get-to-know-you," evening events for builders, sponsored by suppliers.
- Educational clinics with "borrowed talent" from industry expert.
- Consumer clinics sponsored by builder customers.
Just about anything you can dream up to market or focus on can take the shape of an event or clinic. Typically, an event would take place as follows:
- Strategy or reason for event is identified.
- Salespeople consulted with to determine invitation list.
- Invitation produced and sent to list.
- Follow-up calls to list for additional RSVP.
- Evening program identified -- who does what.
- Lead identified -- who's in control of evening? Who opens? Who closes?
- Event and program take place.
- Thank you's sent to attendees.
- Evaluation of event and goals.
Remember that the best events offer some fun for the attendees. It could be in the invitation -- like a key in the package that could open a French Door at the event and win the door for the builder. Or at the event -- say a putting contest for prizes. This small added cost adds a lot of value to your event and is quite memorable.
When your seminar or clinic is product related, let your Milgard representative help you plan and execute the event. You'll get a hand in the planning and have a "factory rep" on hand for any tough product issues.
We're provided some invitation ideas, some flyers, and some event outlines to help you in planning your event.
Copyright 2000. All material contained in this site is copyrighted and the property of Milgard Windows. Any use of this material without the written consent of Milgard Windows is a violation of copyright laws.